20 Oct Rolling Out the Red Carpet How to Manage V.I.P. Guests
Rolling Out the Red Carpet How to Manage V.I.P. Guests
Nothing is more exciting than planning an event for a client that includes V.I.P. guests! This is where you really get to shine and show off your exceptional event planning skills. And with that said, it is also the reason why I have decided to make this a two-part article.
Properly managing V.I.P. guests can be both rewarding and daunting. With the right preparation and planning, you can rest assure that the event will be one for front page news.
There are many questions that need answering before your event. Below is a list of questions to get you on the right track towards a epic V.I.P. experience for your guest. Make contact with your V.I.P.’s representative, or if possible, with the V.I.P. themselves.
● About their expectations (wants and needs)
● Major concerns are for security (Are there any potential threats? You may be dealing with a controversial speaker or a politician. You want them to be secure 100% of the time.)
● If they have their own personal security
● Amenities, accommodations, and provisions
● Menu and refreshment requirements (including any dietary restrictions)
● About language barriers
● If they are a speaker, then ask about staging and A/V accommodations
● If they want to be seen (Some V.I.P. guests love the limelight while others prefer the background.)
● About their preferred mode of transportation (Again, V.I.P. guests differ in this category. You have some that don’t mind catching a first class flight or private jet, but then there are those that would prefer to travel by train or car.)
● Best contact information
No stone should be left unturned. Being meticulous with the details are key to making sure your V.I.P. guests is comfortable and happy. You want this to be a highly personalized experience for the V.I.P. and they will always remember someone who goes above and beyond their call of duty.
Tune in for the second installment on How to Manage V.I.P. Guests…you don’t want to miss the juicy tips I shall provide on the morrow!
As always WE would like to wish you the best in all that you do! If you have questions or comments please feel free to post them below or shoot me an email.
This is Allyson Wynn signing off and may all your events be a “Wynning Experience”!