26 Sep The Many Avenues of Transportation for Your Event
The Many Avenues of Transportation for Your Event
There are so many details that need your attention as an Event Planner and the transportation of your client and guests are of the utmost importance. How can your event be a successful one if no one can attend? The theme and budget of the event you will be planning also determines the type of transportation options you can provide. With today’s advances in technology and logistics, there are many fun ways to get your guests around town or to your event. Today, I will provide the various options as well as a few tips to having your guests arrive in style to your fabulous event.
Traditional Forms of Transportation:
- Limo Service – This is one of the most traditional forms of transportation for special events like weddings, anniversaries, and award ceremonies. It can be costly, but the effect that it has is always pleasing. It is best to choose a service that is within close proximity to your event and has all of the amenities your client needs.
- Hired Car – This is a classy form of transportation you can use if you if you are picking up one or two people. You want to make sure the car isn’t overcrowded…luxury and comfort are key.
- Chartered Bus – This is wonderful if you have a special tour or excursion planned for your guests. Works best with group events.
- Shuttle – This form of transportation can save you both time and money if planned right. Some businesses/hotels even offer complimentary shuttle service, so make sure to check all of your options. This form of transportation works for groups of people best.
Modern and Fun Modes of Transportation:
- Party Bus – Does your client want to get their groove on? Well, this is the best form of transportation for your livelier clients. This mode of transportation allows your guest to party all night without the worries of drunk driving. Most party bus services can even advise on the best spots for your guest to unwind and boogie down.
- Scooters – If your event takes place in a small town or campus, scooter rental can be a fun option for your client and their guests. This option is both economical and efficient.
- Segways – Like the scooter, the segway is yet another way to get your guests going and make a good impression with your client. Segways can be rented and used in the same scenarios as the scooter. Using Segways may just be the segway you need to a successful event.
- Bike Valet – Are you working with a “green” client? This is both a sustainable and healthy way to get your client and their guests where they need to be.
- Motorized Wheelchairs (For guests with special needs) – Looking out for guests who may have disabilities will show your client that you are truly concerned about the comfort and safety of their guests. Motorized wheelchair options are available at almost every venue, so be sure to ask.
For your event, you can include all or just a few of the options above. Think outside of the box, know your options and choose what is best for your event. By taking the time to do your research and get to know your client’s needs and wants, you’ll know exactly what forms of transportation you need to “wow” everyone in attendance. Make sure you book transportation at least six months in advance if possible. Utilize services that are within a five mile radius and don’t forget to tip your drivers.
As always WE would like to wish you the best in all that you do! If you have questions or comments, please feel free to shoot me an email.
This is Allyson Wynn signing off and may all your events be a “Wynning Experience”!